It is always sensible to test drive a used car, especially when there is no warranty available. Purchasing a car without testing is a waste of time, money and energy. However, the seller of the car knows that a buyer most likely going to take the car for a drive around the block only once or twice. You just cannot get to know each and everything about the car only after one or two test drives. That is why you need a used car mechanic inspection before buying a car.
Unless you are a fully-trained auto technician, there are quite a few things that you may not be aware of when it comes to purchasing a used car. There are some signs that a vehicle will eventually need serious maintenance, which one only know after used car mechanic inspection. Subtle vibrations, minor shifting noises, slight stalls, and even tiny odors can indicate to mechanics of a much bigger problem in a vehicle’s future.
Some mechanics can easily tell if a car has been in an accident that may not be reported on a vehicle information report. Hence, used car mechanic inspection can save you from buyer’s remorse.
Are you in the process of purchasing a used car and want to be sure that it is in good condition before you sign over the money? Calling a trained mechanic is the best way to find out if the car is exactly what it seems to be.
There are quite a few tips that a trained mechanic can provide you with. Let’s check out some:
- Before the test drive, take a look under the hood.
- Have a rag with you, to check the oil, coolant and transmission fluid
- Strong odors is a sign of trouble lurking.
- If the oil or transmission fluid looks cloudy or dirty, there are problems with the car.
- Check under the main oil cap for sludge, which is an indicator of negligent maintenance.
- Inspect all of the belts and hoses for cracks.
- Look underneath the car for signs of leaks.
- Take a look in the side mirrors and rearview for exhaust smoke, which can indicate internal engine problems.
Be very careful when buying a used car. If you make use opinion of a great mechanic, you’ll be able to make a better and safer purchase.