When you are starting to consider the types of coverage you are going to get the first thing that you need to know different types of car insurance policies so you can make the right choice. There are so many options that it can be confusing, such as comprehensive, theft and fire, property coverage and much more. Keep reading to find out more about the various coverage options that you can pick and choose from when you are buying your policy.
Types of Insurance Policies
The first thing that you must consider and be aware of is if you know different types of car insurance policies you can purchase. There are quite a few so it can be complicated and some of the main ones include:
- Comprehensive – This would cover the replacement or repair costs that would be required for your property and vehicle no matter if you are the driver at fault or not. It can also cover damage that other drivers caused, transportation costs and even emergency repair costs.
- 3rd party theft and fire – This one is going to cover any damage or loss to the vehicle if it is caught on fire or stolen in addition to the liability for any damage that might have been caused to others property by your vehicle.
- 3rd party property – This one doesn’t affect your vehicle, but instead it covers any damage that might occur to another person’s property or vehicle. This can include limited damage by claims service or drivers who aren’t insured or even legal costs.
- CTP – This coverage is also called greenslip or compulsory third party coverage and this is required for every single driver in Australia. This is going to be what is going to cover the damages to another individual and would take care of all compensation, including lost wages, medical bills and much more.
- Extra options – There are also going to be extra coverage options that various companies might have that you should consider. These includes coverage options such as new vehicle replacement, choice of repairer and even a protected bonus for no claims against your policy.
Make sure that you are aware of what all of these are and that you are deciding which ones you are going to need and which ones are required by law. Not only should you consider which ones you need, but what levels you are going to require as well.
It is important that you know different types of car insurance policies so that you can make the right choices about which ones you are going to purchase. There is coverage for nearly anything and everything that might ever happen with your vehicle, including if it gets stolen or if it somehow manages to get caught on fire. Also, you can get coverage that would protect the individuals who are injured in the accident or for the property that you might damage with your vehicle. If you are aware of what these are, then you can make the right choice regarding which ones you need to purchase.